How long does Botox last?
What is Botox?
Botox is also known as Botulinum toxin type A. It is a drug made from botulinum toxin, a neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It is used for the cosmetic treatment of the muscular conditions in order to eliminate the wrinkles. This is achieved by causing a temporary paralysis of the muscles.
What is Botox made of?
You must be thinking: where is Botox obtained from? Here lies the answer. The Botox botulin toxin obtained from bacterium Clostridium botulinum is naturally found in the soil, lakes, as well as forests and, is also present in the intestines of various mammals such as fish and in the organs of aquatic animals such as crabs and shellfish. These are the harmless occurrences of the Clostridium bacteria and their pores. They become harmful, only when their population increases through the transformation of their spores into vegetative cells when the harmful neurotoxin is produced at a particular point. Neurotoxins are harmful as they target the nervous system and cause obstruction in the signaling process that is primarily responsible for the effective communication between the neurons.
Buy Botox Online
Click on the images below to order online
Botox medical uses:
Botox injection uses includes its administration in mild dosages for the treatment of certain health problems such as:
- Botox for wrinkles-It is mainly used for smoothing the wrinkles in the face and short-term enhancement of the appearance.
- Botox for sweating-It is used for the treatment of severe underarm sweating.
- When there is an extreme contraction of the shoulder and neck muscles which is a neurological disorder known as Cervical Dystonia.
- Botox for muscle spasms: When a person faces the problem of uncontrolled blinking which is termed as Blepharospasm.
- It is also used in case of misaligned eyes which is known as Strabismus.
- Botox for migraines-It is used when there is a chronic migraine.
- It is used for the treatment of overactive bladder.
Side effects of Botox:
Botulinum toxin is administered to humans in very mild concentrations. Most of the people tolerate it well except some who might experience moderate side effects owing to genetic predisposition. Antibodies are generated in about 1% people administered with botulinum toxin type A injection which renders the treatment ineffective.
The side effects are enumerated below:
- The occurrence of moderate pain, buildup of fluid or local edema or even the reddening of skin at the location of the Botox injection site.
- Experiencing a headache.
- Feeling of numbness
- Usual feeling of unwell or malaise.
- Experiencing moderate nausea.
- The occurrence of temporary weakness or paralysis of the adjoining muscles.
- Temporary drooping of the upper lid or brow ptosis.
- The weakening of the lower eyelid that has the muscle controlling the movement of the eyes known as lateral rectus.
- The occurrence of Dysphagia which is the trouble in swallowing.
- Feeling weakness in the neck.
- The occurrence of flu-like illness.
- The occurrence of Brachial plexopathy which is an ailment that affects the nerves present on both sides of the neck and chest.
- Dysfunctioning of the gallbladder.
- The occurrence of diplopia or double vision.
- One might experience bleeding,
- The occurrence of blurred vision.
- Reduced eyesight.
- The occurrence of dryness of mouth.
- Feelings of tiredness.
- The occurrence of hives, rashes.
- Experiencing wheezing.
- One might also experience swelling.
How long does Botox take to work
Whenever a person opts for the Botox treatment, it is a common question that would pop up in his mind: How long does Botox take to work?
Usually, the effects last for about 4-6 months after the treatment in case of using Botox for face wrinkles. But, when it is used for medical purposes, the effects last only for 2-3 months.
How long does the Botox last also depends upon the Botox injection area as well as the amount injected. Other factors that affect the time Botox takes to work are:
- Age of the person on whom the treatment is done.
- The elasticity of the skin on which the Botox is injected.
- The depth of the wrinkles which are to be treated with Botox.
How to make Botox last longer
Botox works by paralyzing the muscles because of which the muscles won’t be used. This results in making the muscles shorter and smaller. So one would require fewer Botox treatments with respect to time to have the similar effect. To make Botox last longer, be sure to get the procedure from a good beauty center and by a qualified practitioner who knows the exact number of units required for your case. The video below shows 5 tips to make Botox last longer.
Botox how often
It is necessary to consult with the healthcare provider to know how often the Botox injection can be applied. In general, it should not be repeated before 3 months from the application. This is necessary because administration of the injection before this period leads to a resistance to it.
When Botox injections are taken on a regular basis, it is advisable to maintain a gap of at least 6 months for making the treatment more effective.
Botox before and after:
One would see the visible transformation after administering the Botox injection. The wrinkles would be reduced which were visible before. Some preventive measures must be taken to reduce the chances of wrinkles and maintain a healthy skin, such as:
One needs to use an SPF30 sunscreen on the face to avoid the effect of UV rays which are primarily the reason behind the damaging and aging of the skin.
The exposure to sun must be reduced by the use of sunglasses and hat, in order to avoid the formation of new wrinkles.
This is a must as smoking leads to wrinkles, thinning as well as early aging of the skin.
Keeping the skin hydrated:
This can be achieved by drinking sufficient water which promotes digestion, proper blood circulation and normal functioning of the cells. One should drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
It is also recommended to use moisturizers, for the specific skin types, according to the advice of the dermatologist to keep the skin well hydrated.
A healthy diet:
This is necessary as the food taken affects the skin. One can take the advice of a nutritionist for the diet recommendations. Green vegetables and fruits should be included.
Avoiding the use of harsh skin cleansers:
One needs to use gentle skin cleansers to eliminate the dirt, dead skin cells and other impurities accumulated on the skin as these tend to enhance the aging of the skin.
Our online store supplies various Botox injections for skin, crow’s feet, wrinkles and more. We have Allergan Botox 50 units/vial, 100 units/vial and 200 units/vial. We also have Xeomin, and Dysport. One can get these products for treatment from a specialized healthcare provider as our store supplies the products to the individuals and the stores but doesn’t carry out the Botox cosmetic procedures