Xeomin 100 units vs Dysport & Botox
When there are different brands of a drug, common questions that would pop up in one’s mind regarding the differences between them and which one is the best?
- Xeomin: is a pure form of the neurotoxin which is referred as a “naked molecule” because of the absence of any additional proteins on its surface except botulinum toxin.
- Botox has about 900kD of protective proteins and Dysport gas a combination of 500kD and 300kD of complex proteins and botulinum toxin A.
- Some experts are of the opinion that 2-3.5 units of Dysport are equivalent to 1 unit of Botox and the ratio of Xeomin to Botox is usually 1:1.
- A quicker and effective result is produced in all the facial areas when this solitary agent is injected.
- Due to the absence of additional proteins, the patients are not exposed to a greater risk of allergic reaction
- Dysport is a comparatively heavier drug than Botox due to the presence of additional proteins which act as a shield for the botulinum toxin to make it last longer. But according to clinical studies, the protective proteins are also known to cover the active portion of the neurotoxin which results in a reduced effectiveness of the medication.
- Another difference is that Dysport spreads to more area than Botox. Thus, this can be effective in patients who remain unaffected with Botox treatment.
- The strength of the Dysport drug that is injected is more than that of Botox and Xeomin.
- The impact of the treatment with Dysport is visible after 2-3 days from the treatment, whereas Botox takes 7-10 days and Xeomin takes 5-6 days for the results to be visible.
- One should opt for Dysport when a number of injections are needed to be injected as it can easily spread to more areas on the face.But when one needs to inject the drug on particular spots, without the need for spreading it, then one must go for Botox, which is the best option for treating the deeply rooted wrinkles.
- More units are needed for Dysport at a lower cost per unit as compared to Botox.
- Dysports costs slightly lesser than Botox and Xeomin.