Xeomin 100 units vs Dysport & Botox
Xeomin 100 units
When there are different brands of a drug, common questions that would pop up in one’s mind regarding the differences between them and which one is the best?
- Xeomin: is a pure form of the neurotoxin which is referred as a “naked molecule” because of the absence of any additional proteins on its surface except botulinum toxin.
- Botox has about 900kD of protective proteins and Dysport gas a combination of 500kD and 300kD of complex proteins and botulinum toxin A.
- Some experts are of the opinion that 2-3.5 units of Dysport are equivalent to 1 unit of Botox and the ratio of Xeomin to Botox is usually 1:1.
- A quicker and effective result is produced in all the facial areas when this solitary agent is injected.
- Due to the absence of additional proteins, the patients are not exposed to a greater risk of allergic reaction
- Dysport is a comparatively heavier drug than Botox due to the presence of additional proteins which act as a shield for the botulinum toxin to make it last longer. But according to clinical studies, the protective proteins are also known to cover the active portion of the neurotoxin which results in a reduced effectiveness of the medication.
- Another difference is that Dysport spreads to more area than Botox. Thus, this can be effective in patients who remain unaffected with Botox treatment.
- The strength of the Dysport drug that is injected is more than that of Botox and Xeomin.
- The impact of the treatment with Dysport is visible after 2-3 days from the treatment, whereas Botox takes 7-10 days and Xeomin takes 5-6 days for the results to be visible.
- One should opt for Dysport when a number of injections are needed to be injected as it can easily spread to more areas on the face.But when one needs to inject the drug on particular spots, without the need for spreading it, then one must go for Botox, which is the best option for treating the deeply rooted wrinkles.
- More units are needed for Dysport at a lower cost per unit as compared to Botox.
- Dysports costs slightly lesser than Botox and Xeomin.
How to use Xeomin 100 units
Before you start using this medication and each time you get an injection. If you have any questions regarding the information, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
This medication is given by injection by an experienced health care professional. It is injected into the affected muscles (intramuscularly) when treating eye disorders, muscle stiffness/spasms, and wrinkles. When used to prevent migraines, it is injected into the muscles of the head and neck. It is injected into the skin (intradermally) for the treatment of excessive sweating. For the treatment of drooling/excess saliva, this medication is injected into the salivary glands. When treating overactive bladder, it is injected into the bladder.
Your dose, the number of injections, the site of injections, and how often you receive the medication will be determined by your condition and your response to therapy. For children, the dose is also based on weight. Most people start to see an effect within a few days to 2 weeks, and the effect usually lasts 3 to 6 month