How Xeomin compares with Botox and Dysport
- All the 3 i.e Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin have the same source of origin, i.e clostridium botulinum bacterium.
- They are manufactured as a paralyzing agent or a neurotoxin known as botulinum toxin type A.
- All of them has been initially tried clinically and then used by people belonging to different parts of the world for cosmetic and therapeutic purposes.
- They all work by relaxing the facial muscles and easing the appearance of wrinkles.
- They are usually combined with dermal fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm for achieving significant facial rejuvenation. This method is termed as the liquid facelift.
- Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin can function to smoothen and reduce the wrinkles present in the forehead, near the lips, crow’s feet, brow lift, the elevens or the perpendicular frown lines occurring between the eyebrows, nasal squint lines, lines present around the neck. People are even opting this for the treatment of smoker’s lines, cleavage wrinkling, migraines and profuse sweating.
- Treatment using these products imparts a person a youthful and fresh look, but the process has to be repeated after about 6 months, as the results are not permanent in nature.
side effects of this product
- neck pain.
- dry eyes.
- tired feeling.
- eyelid swelling or bruising.
- blinking less than usual.
- pain, redness, or swelling where the injection was given.
Benefit of this products
A Refreshed Upper Face
Xeomin is used to reduce moderate to severe lines in the upper face. It is best suited for addressing furrows on the forehead, frown lines between the eyebrows (also called glabellar lines), and “crow’s feet” wrinkles that appear around the outer edges of the eyes. Xeomin contains botulinum toxin type A, the same active ingredient as Botox and Dysport. This toxin paralyzes the muscles beneath the skin, preventing them from moving too much and creating deep wrinkles in the skin.
Prevention of Wrinkles
Studies have shown that botulinum toxin injections can be used as a preventive measure to maintain smooth skin. Wrinkles form as the collagen beneath the skin creases and break with repeated movements, such as frowning or squinting. Rather than treating existing wrinkles, Xeomin can be used to keep those wrinkles from forming by preventing excess movement when making facial expressions.
Short Treatment Time, Minimal Side Effects, and Fast Results
Treatment with Xeomin takes approximately 10-20 minutes. No anesthetic is necessary, though your dermatologist may use a numbing cream or cold pack to minimize discomfort during the procedure. Side effects are minimal and may include slight bruising or swelling of the injected areas. You can see results as soon as three to four days after treatment, and your results may continue to improve for up to 30 days.
Would you like to learn more about the benefits of Xeomin, Botox, or other cosmetic injectables? Swinyer – Woseth Dermatology can help you make the right decision to revitalize your skin or maintain its youthful appearance. Call us at or click through our website for more information about our full range of cosmetic, medical, and surgical dermatology services in Salt Lake City.
When unit to unit comparison is done between Botox and Xeomin, they are similar