- 2500-3000 units are lethal for human administration, which is never ever applied by a well-experienced physician.
- 4-25units are applied for the clinical purposes.
- 300units of Botox are applied for therapeutic purposes such as muscle spasticity, overactivity of nerves, chronic migraine headaches etc.
- When the dosage is greater than 360 cumulative units in 3 months duration, there has been no life-threatening conditions found as per research. Only weakness of the muscles and pain in leg were the dragonized symptoms that gradually reduces.
Botox provides best results when administered with precision. A good physician examines the face carefully and provides an expert opinion that is best for the person.
The precautions that need to be exercised are enumerated as under:
- The main reason behind most of the side-effects is the lack of expertise of the physician. So, it is strictly recommended to get Botox treatment from a certified experienced physician with a good track record regarding such practices, which leave very less chance of occurrence of a side-effect.
- It is necessary to be cautious while administering Botox with other agents such as aminoglycosides, curare which can have an impact on the neuromuscular functionality and might enhance the impact of botulinum toxin or Botox.
- It is better to avoid Botox shots during pregnancy. Lactating mothers should also avoid it, to prevent any potential side effect on the newborn.
- The physicians should be aware of all the medications taken by the patients including all the herbal, non-herbal, prescribed and non-prescribed drugs being taken.
- Botox should be avoided in case a person is allergic to any constituent of Botox